6.02.2011

oh, anticipation!

I'm waiting on UPS and FedEx deliveries with huge plans for the day. My studio is squeaky clean and organized, my toddler is at daycare for the day, and all I need are those shipments. In the meanwhile, I think I'll package a few orders and fire up a couple of dye pots.

I took full advantage of yesterday's heat to dry the slightly damp top from my whirlwind of dye sessions. This is just a third of what I dyed- the rest (mostly wools) dried much faster.


Yesterday, I had typed about retiring my old batts.  Never fear, that's not going to happen.  I thought and thought and thought about it last night, read a few emails (and a comment) from my readers, and even did a little spinning myself. 

Yes, my little Strauch Petite is a bit of a beginner's carder, but those tiny batts are just too nice and easy to spin.  I'll probably end up lumping the little batts into a category like HobbledeClassic or something... and as soon as I can get my hands on fresh Merino (it had been on back-order through my two main suppliers all Spring), I'll start blasting out some oldies-but-goodies: Gemmies, Garden Compost batts, and fresh colorways.

On to another note, I'm working on compiling a large list of patterns for art yarns. Any suggestions?  At the moment, I'm browsing patterns requiring bulky or extra-bulky yarn that won't totally obscure the art yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment