2.25.2010

gemmy batt spin-along

Hiya!  I'm sniffing around and trying to see if anyone would be interested in a Spin-along.  I just posted this thread at Ravelry about it, so go and leave a comment if you think you'd be interested in a Gemmy batt spin-along.

Gemmy batts are rainbowish Merino wool + silver angelina sparkle batts that have GOBS of different colors in each set.  They notoriously sell-out for me, as soon as I list them in my shop. 
I've never even spun a set, and I'm anxious to card a couple batches for myself to spin.  I'm thinking a 2-ply, perhaps plied with a dark chocolate solid color, or maybe a quirky Navajo plied yarn, or maybe even a quirky corespun yarn with extra chunks of glitz thrown in.

Right now, I'm just gauging interest so I can estimate how many batts to whip up.

My wool from my most recent dye session is dry and ready to go!  I can't wait to either use it for a Spin-along, or start cranking out something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment