7.19.2011

shop update in progress

I started a shop update this evening, but will finish it tomorrow afternoon/evening/latenight. I've been sitting on it for nearly a week now, just waiting for a chance to have a moment at the computer.

Please tell me you've been there.

My poor cat Lucio needed emergency surgery this week for a nasty abscess, and keeping the toddler and cat separated in an open-styled apartment with few room boundaries is next to impossible. The toddler is tired of the cat stealing her toys, jewelery, snacks, and blankets. The cat just wants to be near the toddler 24/7. Lucio is presently sleeping on Ing's train set, purring away.

I've tried to stay outside to avoid the silly drama, so Ing and I have been swimming at the park, obsessing over our ripening tomatoes, and laying under the walnut trees with stacks of library books. The walnuts haven't begun to fall yet, so it's still safe.

As for the Tour de Fleece, I spun religiously until day 12 and then had an epiphany: obsessing over what to spin and when to find time to do so was not the way I wanted to spend my rare free moments, so I'm going to scale back a wee bit and spin more casually. I've got a gorgeous stack of art yarns out of the experience, and am thrilled to have completed a 300 yard skein with 3 oz. of hand-processed corriedale fleece blended with silk.  Ohhh, luscious!

No comments:

Post a Comment