2.09.2015

Homespun Yarn Party + Update

I got in!!! I'm so thrilled that I was accepted to be a vendor of the Homespun Yarn Party in Savage, MD! I'll be posting details about the location and time, but the event is free and will be an exciting one-day smorgasbord of quality fiber from some of my favorite fellow fiber artists.

Instead of weekly updates, I'll have to cut back again to save up stock but I'll be offering an update tonight including 4 colorways of Classicbatts, 2 Battling batches, and fresh hand-dyed Merino wool tidbits.

I'm pretty tickled about these colorways, dark and rich and very sweet. I'm using a base of Polwarth (not organic) but it's blending up with other fibers like silk and soysilk beautifully. I've been reluctant to purchase large quantities of Polwarth since the last few bumps I had purchased several years ago were filled with gunk and sticky bits, but this bump was perfectly processed with nothing but creamy vanilla softness. I dyed it up as soon as it arrived on my porch, such a pleasure to work with and spin!

No comments:

Post a Comment